Sunday, June 11, 2006

This is a snapshot of my retirement center. I figured the elders needed bright colors to help keep them full of spunk in final weeks. It may backfire and cause them to be over stimulated and grumpy. The color of each roof matches the color theme for that appartment. Each appartment has one double bedroom, bath, study that can be changed to a single bedroom, kitchen and living room. If I need to, I can lock a sim in their house until grim comes knocking on (or floating through) the door. I've not done that yet, but have not had a romance sim join the retirement house.

This is one of my favorite lots to play. Most of the sims that live here have completed all the points that they can. They are just waiting out the clock before they vacation with grimy and the girls. It is a nice break from dealing with babys, skills, and carpool. In the middle of the lot is a recreation area for the elders. A couple hot tubs for them to relax and tell each other the same old story's over and over again.

4 Comments:

Blogger SpongebobTanu said...

Well, i did set up a lot and named it Retirement Home but i think i'm going to bulldoze it because its like a regular house. I like the idea of having apartments - i keep forgetting that we can lock doors now, which is a brilliant idea, especially with romance sims. Jan, is there anyway, you can package the lot and shoot it over to me? you don't even have to worry about removing the family, i can do that.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Can you still only have 8 on the lot or is this a different thing?

3:24 PM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

Alexis - Your free to use the idea as you wish. It was an idea that was inspired by a prosperity player who had a holding lot for all fresh uni grads. I took that idea and it evolved into the retirement center idea. I really like having all the graves on one lot. Not that I hate ghosts, because I love them. It is more to do with knowing were everyone is burried. Before this, I kept forgetting who had died and what lot they had died on. (rrr)

2:48 AM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

Lori, As far as I know, only 8 sims per lot is the normal. The only exception I've seen is with cheese cake births. I think there is a hack that allows more on a lot. I don't recall what it was called but remember someone from legacy uses it.

Lisa and Alexis... I packaged a lot for tanu. If you want I can send it to you as well. If interested email me and I'll send it when I can. It isn't the one in the pictures it is a new lot that has never been played.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home