Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Here is a shot of the first time Mortimer died. He died in plat, but didn't get a plat urn. He died with 25 friends. I used the way prosperity works to take advantage of building friendships and it paid off. (Thanks to The Grim Reaper phone, Mortimer is still in my game.)

STRATEGY: One objective while playing each lot was to make sure every sim on the lot was friends or best friends with any elder in the neighborhood. I also made note of who the popularity (sometimes romance) sims were and built relationships with them too. When I played their lots, I was able to get the end of life bonus or IW in less time than if I only worked on those while on their lots.

5 Comments:

Blogger ASimWen said...

I never thought about keeping up friendships with elders until fall of last year, while playing Prosperity. It really is a good bonus if the first thing you do is have everybody be friends with the old guys. LOL I love it.

4:02 AM  
Blogger S Ramis said...

:) I LOVE this hint!

My Mort & the Oldies are STILL alive in round 5...I don't think I ever want them to die!

5:11 AM  
Blogger SpongebobTanu said...

yep, i use the same technique. and i love the instant cash infusion that i get when i enter houses after a sim has died in a round before.

I once had one of my tombstones lose platinum status after i moved the family. it was weird.

--Sandy Cox

6:47 AM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

Mortimer may NEVER die in my town. SO far I think Herb has been come back more than anyone else. gggg

Sandy Cox - Do you know Sandy Squirrel from Texas? (snicker) I've had moved tombstonse lose plat status. Weird. Even worse, I've had duplicates show up on a lot. I ended up moving my retirement home to the one I sent you. I moved all the sims and all the stones. For some reason, I got duplicates of all stones in PLAT. (wonders... do I get the extra plat stone points...lol). I deleted the extra ones because they were a little glitchy. That was the only time I saw that happen. I've had double gray stones, but not duplicated plats.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, my experience is the same with the duplicate graves.

--Sandy Cox

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home